Just a reminder about trash collection services from the City of Raleigh. All of this information can be found at https://raleighnc.gov/trash-recycling-and-clean/services/garbage-recycling-and-yard-waste-preparation.
1. Prep it- Bag garbage before placing it in the cart to keep cart clean, lessen odors and reduce litter problems. For recyclables, keep it loose and bag-free (no plastic bags in the cart). View non-accepted items for garbage and recycling carts
2. Use the right cart. Use only City-issued carts; no other carts will be emptied for garbage. Carts placed at townhomes, condos, apartments, rooming houses, etc., must be labeled with the street address, unit number or letter. Note: Purchased containers without the City's proof of purchase sticker will be removed from your property.
3. Place your cart curbside (the right way) on your collection day Place garbage and recycling carts a few inches from the curb or edge of the street, not in the street. Keep carts at least three feet from other objects (i.e. vehicles, mail boxes, fences, power lines). The lid on a full cart should not be open more than 12 inches open.
Position carts so that cart handle faces your house (see arrows on the lid). This will ensure the lid opens properly and is not damaged when emptied. Place cart at the curbside no earlier than noon the day before your collection day and no later than 6 a.m. on collection day.
4. Move your car if needed You should not park on the street on collection day. Parking on the street may prevent us from servicing your cart.
5. Remove your cart after collection day Remove carts from the curb by 7 p.m. the day after collection.
Carts should be stored where they cannot be seen from the street.
If you require assistance with your cart you can reach out to the Need Assistance Crew by calling 919-996-6884 or visit the website above.