POOL UPDATE MAY 22, 2020
We know many people are anxious to get in the pool, get their families outside and enjoy the Summer weather. Please know that the Pool Company, Your HOA Board and Towne Properties are doing everything possible right now to make this happen. We are in the process of working through the guidelines set forth from the Governor and NC Department of Health and Human Services.
It is very important that the Board for your community perform their due diligence with decision making for this season to ensure that we all have a healthy and happy pool season this year. There are many decisions to be made and items to be order for your pool to be in compliance and we are all trying to accomplish this as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your patience and will provide updates to everyone just as soon as we can. We ask that you not call or email the office for updates as updates will be sent to the entire community by email blast and will also be posted to your community web site As Soon as we have them. You WILL be notified by EBLAST as soon as the Pool Is Open. There will also be a “NOW OPEN SIGN” at the pool entrance.
Your HOA Board and Towne Team
May 20, 2020
BROADLANDS POOL OPENING
Date To Be Announced
The 2020 pool season will run from
Opening — September 7th
The Broadlands HOA and Townes Management will put your safety and wellbeing first and foremost. We will continue to follow all recommended CDC and Wake County Public Health guidelines. If or when the pool opens, you will be using the pool at your own risk. Neither the Broadlands HOA, Townes Management, Pool Professionals, nor any other pool user is responsible if you become sick while using the pool. We are counting on YOU to obey all rules that are in place by the local government. If the pool gets inspected and residents are not following the government guidelines Wake County WILL CLOSE the POOL for the remainder of the season.
To ensure you receive updates regarding the pool opening please make sure you are registered for the community website at: www.broadlandshoanc.com. The HOA will be sending email blast to those that are registered for the website and posting information on Nextdoor.
IMPORTANT POOL REMINDERS:
- If you feel sick with COVID-19 or any other illness or have a Fever, please STAY HOME.
- The HOA will do everything in its power to keep sanitizer and sanitizing wipes at the pool. Please come prepared with your own supplies in case the HOA is not able to keep these supplies in stock.
- Pool furniture will be limited and should be placed 6 feet apart from anyone not in your family.
- The maximum amount of people allowed at the pool will be listed on the sign on the front gate. Please be considerate to other users. Everyone will be anxious to use the pool so please work together so that all can enjoy the pool this summer.
- NO guests will be allowed at the pool until all social distancing limits are lifted. The pool will be for Broadlands residents ONLY.
- There will be no parties of any type allowed at the pool this pool season.
- No pool toys or floats allowed. Only pool noodles and safety flotation items.
- You must be current in your assessments and in good standing to use the pool.
- You may not share access cards. Violators will lose pool privileges for the current pool season.
- Please remember that per Wake County Code., NO GLASS IS PERMITTED.
- We want to keep the community clean and lovely so please be sure to pick up and dispose of trash and dog waste.
- With the warmer weather there will be more children outside playing. Please drive slowly through the neighborhood and come to a complete stop at stop signs.
- Please remember to trim all trees and bushes on your property that overhang or encroach on the sidewalk or streets.
Wishing you and Yours a Happy Summer!
Your Broadlands HOA and your Townes Properties Team
May 15, 2020
Towne Properties will remain closed to outside visitors until further notice. We have placed a drop box outside of our office doors, 8305 Falls of Neuse Road, Suite 200, Raleigh, for homeowners to utilize if necessary. However, we encourage you to email items to your management team whenever possible. All meetings should be held remotely via conference calls, voting by email, or virtually. Please continue to contact your management team directly for assistance.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your community.
Your Towne Properties Management Team